Level Counter

Story: 60, Challenge: 0.

Saturday, January 12, 2013

More levels, bug fixes, and components library link

I've spent most of my time lately on creating new levels. The current level count now stands at 23. Level 23 marks the first of the "challenge levels". It requires expert timing and skill to solve (took me about 10 tries to get it right!). The plan at this point is to create several challenge levels based around unifying concepts (timing, specific elements, etc) and make them optional in the level menu. Every challenge concept would have its own level order (so solving Timing1 would be a prerequisite to playing Timing2, but not for playing any non timing challenge level). This all depends on my ability to create enough interesting challenge levels so it may not end up on the final version.

Fans have been giving me a lot of trouble lately, behaving in a seemingly random fashion. But I believe I've finally resolved the issue. The problem was not in the fans at all! It was in the way in which levels are translated from the levels file. I had now made sure all the blocks (elements) are in place before I initialize them (start up fans, pull up bridges, etc). So now all elements should behave as expected.

in the previous post I mentioned I've been working on a component based java architecture. I'm proud to say it is now done, complete with example components and test cases, and available on github. The repository contains the architecture in jar form (in the jars directory) and the testing and usage examples eclipse project. Feel free to browse and use it as you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment